Low Brass Day FAQs
Where does the camp take place?
Drake University’s Harmon Fine Arts Center is located at:
2505 Carpenter Ave, Des Moines, IA 50311, USA.
Parking is free on 25th street.
What time do I need to arrive?
May 18th, 2019 @ 10am. The camp begins at 10:30am.
How do I pay for the camp?
The camp is $40 for the day and payment can be made via:
2) check made out to Bo Atlas
What should I bring?
1) Your instrument and a willingness to learn.
2) A notebook and a pencil/pen. If you don’t have one, buy one….this is now your practice journal.
3) Any music you are currently working on that you would like to improve.
4) A lunch and any snacks you might like. This will be a long day of high intensity music making! There will be breaks throughout the day for snacking. Please avoid bringing tree nuts.
5) Questions for the faculty trio.
Do I need to bring a lunch?
YES! Please avoid bringing any tree nuts.
What time should I get picked up after the camp?
Parents are invited to the faculty and student ensemble recital in Sheslow Auditorium at 4pm. If they cannot come to the recital, please have them arrive by 4:30pm.
Due to an update in the Civic Center ticketing policy, a DMSO Symphony ticket will now be required to enter the building.
All students will receive a complementary ticket to the symphony concert provided by the DMSO.
Parents that wish to accompany their student to the symphony concert can purchase tickets on Saturday at the box office. Simply present your student’s comp ticket to the box office and you will be seated together.
Thank You for signing up for DMLBD!
On March 25th, 2018 the DMLBT had it's 5th ever Low Brass Day at Drake University in Des Moines. We had a great time sharing our love of music with the students, and the day culminated with an ensemble performance before our Des Moines Symphony concert that evening (recap video below!). Special Thanks to Prof. Vince Kenney for hosting and special guest artist Prof. Jesse Orth who came for a recital and masterclass.